Good day members - hope you are all doing well and enjoying getting back to squash!
Up until now we have kept the showers and changing areas closed to ensure we follow COVID recommendations from Sport England, England Squash and quite frankly to help us keep the facility easily cleaned as there is a higher frequency of cleaning required.
As time has progressed and after discussions with other clubs and understanding how they are moving forwards we have decided to RE-OPEN THE SHOWERING / CHANGING areas however there are guidelines & rules that will be in place.
1. If possible please do continue to use your home facilities to change - we still want to limit usage if possible, however we also understand this is not always possible / not convenient - hence we are taking this step.
2. Total occupancy of the club (to ensure we observe social distancing) was previously 9 people, given people will be using the changing areas as well - this has been increased 15 people in the club at any one time. Please keep this in mind and do not be on the premises for any longer than you have to be after using the courts / facilities.
3. You will notice red tape in areas of the changing rooms (on the pegs)- this indicates "OUT OF BOUNDS AREAS" This is to ensure social distancing is observed whilst in the changing area. Please do not sit / use the benches / pegs in these areas.
4. Occupancy In the gents changing rooms - no more than 4 people changing / showering at one time. Only two alternate shower cubicles will be in use (the other two locked) to ensure distancing is in place and to lessen the demand on cleaning
5. Occupancy In the ladies changing rooms - no more than 2 people changing / showering at one time. Only two alternate shower cubicles will be in use (the other locked) to ensure distancing is in place and to lessen the demand on cleaning
6. **This is the most important one!!!** You will notice mops and buckets will now be present in the changing room - please ensure that you clean / mop up after yourselves and any excess water is mopped away , the shower cubicle cleaned and the floors and changing area are all kept in a decent state. If this is NOT ADHERED TO - WE WILL HAVE TO CLOSE CHANGING AREAS AGAIN!
This is positive move forwards and hopefully makes things a little more convenient when using the squash facilities - but please do observe the above mentioned guidelines - if we see non-adherence we will need to back this step out.
Finally - we are looking for members that might help clean the facility of the evening - if there are any volunteers, it would be really useful. It only takes 30 mins and would just help take the load off a few individuals that are helping currently. Please drop me (Stuart) a text or email if you can help.
If there are any question - please reach out to myself or a member of the committee!
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!